Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Introduction


Hello there.

In short, this blog will be about what the title explains: the thoughts that I have and the things that I think are lovely. From my obsessions (makeup and tv shows) to my confessions (what do I really think? How am I really feeling?). Basically, nothing is off limits.

I'm here to write about a little bit of everything. Right now I'm off before my college starts in the summer and have plenty of time on my hands. I love reading blogs about beauty and all around interesting and creative ladies, and I think I have something to offer as well. I've always loved to write but can never keep up with it regularly and I feel like this will inspire me because I can write about things I like. It will motivate me to write if I know people will be reading it and enjoying it or finding it helpful and interesting.

I love anything makeup related, and I took a course at my local beauty school that covered all the facets of makeup artistry from the basics, to special effects, to how to reproduce looks from every era. Since then I discovered beauty blogs and beauty gurus on youtube, and that really inspired me to keep practicing with all sorts of different products and looks. I'm not going to be one of those people who picks up every single thing from all of the MAC collections, but I will share with you my favorite products and techniques including drugstore and high end products. I'm not sure yet about posting my pictures on here, though I know seeing products on the whole face rather than just the eyes or on wrist swatches is a lot more helpful, but I'm thinking I might want to keep my anonymity, at least for a while. If you have an opinion on that, please let me know. Would it really matter if people I knew found this site and saw pictures of me with makeup? Probably not. But what about if they knew my personal thoughts about politics, relationships, and sex? I don't know if I'm that brave. So we'll see.

Besides beauty, I love books and reading and learning about life in general. I am girly and like pretty shiny things; I watch Gossip Girl on a regular basis (Monday at 8!) and am into makeup and fashion, but I'm also interested in psychology, philosophy, politics, health, nutrition, spirituality, and the overall pursuit of happiness. So here I can share with you what I've learned about all of those topics, along with what I've experiences in my everyday life; both what helps and what hurts.

If you have suggestions/ideas/requests/a question or you want any advice, comment me or send me an e-mail at littlethoughtsandlovelythings@gmail.com.

If a name is completely necessary though, you can call me Jess (gee, I wonder what that's short for?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Please Leave a Question or Comment, Thanks!♥