Tuesday, June 2, 2009

But It reminds me of him...

You know how right after a break up it feels like you can't go anywhere or do anything because everything reminds you of them?

You can't go to where you had your first date, even if it's your favorite place, because if you go you'll think of him and and cry. You can't go eat at that one restaurant anymore because you ate there with him once. It sucks being in your own bed because he may have slept there with you. You can't go to the fruit section of the super market because his favorite food was grapes. You flip through channels on the TV and it flickers through his favorite show, so you throw the remote at the TV but then are stuck watching the show so then you burst into hysterics. It gets so riduculous that you get annoyed if that one girl talks to you because her ex was friends with your ex's best friend's girlfriend's sister. And you'll never go a McDonalds ever again because you passed by it once when you were driving with him and he said "I like their Big Macs."

But songs can be the worst. You will never be able to listen to his favorite band again without thinking of him. Or you'll think the radio DJ is out to get you because every song on the radio seems to be saying something exactly about you and him. And then they play your favorite song but you can't even listen to that because you listened to it with him that one time.

But god forbid you hear their name. And if it's a common name or the name of something else, well, you're screwed. I had a boyfriend named Tyson, so for a while I had something against Tyson chicken and their stupid commercials. I had a boyfriend named Miles, so if a week after our breakup you were to tell me you were "Going to go run 2 miles" or you were driving "70 miles per hour" I probably would have turned around and walked away. The other day I was reading an article where a girl was talking about her boyfriend named Miles. Now, I'm way over that guy that I dated, but every time I would read that name it would recall those horrible feelings I had after we broke up. So I stopped reading. In my defense she said his name A LOT. And then all because of her I had a dream about him. Thanks.

What places or things did you have to avoid after a breakup?

What would you never name your kid because it's your ex's and then you would probably have a grudge against your own kid for its whole life?


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I came here from Karen's blog - loved your glitter post!

    I too am a fan of all things glittery, I'll definitely be trying out some of your ideas, especially the pink glittery lips.

    Sorry to hear about boy troubles, I think you should focus on the 'lovely things' you obviously have an eye for!

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I so feel this way right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that Tysons chicken part was funny! I wish i had some good advice to give you but sadly i don't =// I just kno the one day ,some day you'll meet a guy that will make you forget about this one for a while...

    ReplyDelete

♥Please Leave a Question or Comment, Thanks!♥